Advanced Technical Communicator
Need to upgrade your Technical Communication skillset?
When you have been working as a Technical Communicator for a period of time, moving into management is both a possibility and a challenge. Typical management tasks such as:
- Managing and mentoring other technical communicators
- Communicating and interfacing with internal stakeholders
- Designing strategies for communication and information delivery
- Managing various projects and assessing new tools
can be challenging if you do not have the skills and knowledge to cope. Our Advanced Technical Communicator course offers you the opportunity to learn the essential skills required for a team lead or documentation management role. If you are seeking to upgrade your skills to make your profile more appealing to employers, then this course is for you.
Is this course for me?
The Advanced Certificate in Technical Communication is intended for technical communicators who would like to step up into management roles and those who would like to grasp the more advanced topics of technical communication. This course will give you strong grounding in theory as well as in the practical aspects of technical communication at an advanced level. Once you have mastered these skills, you can perform independently at the conceptual and design levels and also perform management functions effectively.
What will this course teach me?
The course teaches you the following:
- Writing for scientific, technical subjects and marketing applications. This module includes editing techniques, measuring documentation usability and improving the user experience (UX)
- Visual communication (Includes theory and practical aspects such as graphic formats and multimedia design)
- Managing a content project (interpersonal skills, people management, processes and improvements, stakeholder management, Agile, translation and localization)
- Applications and tools used in Technical Communication. This module also teaches you tool theory and advanced Desktop Publishing methods
- Structured publishing (reuse concepts, single sourcing, methodologies and specifications, implementation).
In short, the course will guide you to:
- Designing rhetoric
- Semiotics and the language of meaning
- The science of information
- Visual communication
- Project and people management
- Conducting research
- Organizational communication
- Technical and scientific editing
How will this course benefit me?
The Advanced Certificate in Technical Communication teaches many concepts and skills that are essential for Technical Documentation Team Leads and Managers. Many of these subjects are not taught anywhere else.
Our board of Learning Specialists and Technical Communication Managers have worked together with leaders in the Technical Communication industry to create this course. We asked senior members of the Technical Communication community what they look for when selecting candidates for team lead and management roles. We then created the syllabus for this course to teach all the required skills and knowledge which industry leaders look for when hiring. This gives you the competitive edge when applying for senior positions. Because our course includes theoretical components, assignments and hands on exercises, your theoretical and practical knowledge is enhanced. When you step into your new role, you are able to work better because you understand what needs to be done, and how to do it better.
After completing this course you will be able to confidently apply to and be selected for team lead and management roles. Once you have been placed into the role of your choice, you will be able to function more effectively than your peers in the workplace. This is because you will be able to understand and use the various skills and concepts that you have learnt during your course. You will also have the skills and knowledge that hiring managers look for when they hire documentation team leads and managers.
The course taught in Instructor Led Training (ILT), in our dedicated training centre at Chennai. You can register for classroom training by calling us, emailing us or by registering at our website.
If you are new to Technical Communications, you should take our Certified Technical Communicator course.
Iterative offers placement services for students that successfully complete the Advanced Technical Communicator course.